IPA Eff Test Certificate
Posted 18 December 2016.
Set you and your agency apart with the IPA Eff Test
“I encourage anyone in the industry to take the IPA Eff Test; it arms you with so much knowledge on the effectiveness of advertising that you can use to bring success to your agency and clients.” - Kate Welsh, Media Planner/ Buyer - MBM
Established in 1917, the IPA (Institute of Practitioners in Advertising) is the professional body for UK-based advertising, media and marketing communications agencies. The IPA and the Comms Council are continuing their partnership - working together to bring the IPA’s globally recognised qualifications to New Zealand.
IPA Eff Test Video
What is the IPA Eff Test Certificate?
Developed by industry experts in their field, including Peter Field and Les Binet, the IPA Eff Test Certificate is a world-class qualification. Teaching methods to evaluate and measure marketing effectiveness, the Eff Test helps delegates develop a greater understanding and critical-thinking approach to the evaluation of their campaigns.
35+ hours of intensive online learning, delivered over 13 modules, culminating in a formal 2 hour online exam. Please read the details for the exam process and the Terms and Conditions thoroughly.
An IPA certificate of completion will be awarded to all delegates who successfully pass the exam.
Delegates must allow 2-3 months to complete the required hours of dedicated study, prior to the online exam.
Who is the Eff Test designed for?
Ideally for mid-level planners with at least 2-3 years’ experience from all agency types and disciplines, the qualification is suitable for anyone involved in the evaluation and development of effective creative work - be it agency or client side.
Made up of 13 modules, the qualification covers a range of subjects, offering a solid grounding for understanding and measuring advertising effectiveness.
It is designed to help you:
- Advance your ability to prove the value of what you’ve achieved for your clients.
- Learn the language your client speaks.
- Gain the tools to measure multi-platform activity, from sponsorship to CRM.
These are the 13 learning paths culminating in a two hour online exam:
1. Introduction to effectiveness testing
- This learning path introduces effectiveness testing, including why it is so important to clients
2. Planning for effectiveness
- Top tips for evaluation including setting benchmarks and factors to consider
3. Input measures
- An introduction to campaign measures
4. Output measures: Business
- This learning path starts to look at output measures and more specifically, business measures
5. Output measures: Behavioural
- Here, we’ll look at behavioural measures
6. Output measures: Awareness and attitudes
- This learning path focuses on awareness and attitudinal measures
7. Isolating your activity: Non-econometric
- Here, non-econometric approaches to isolating the effects of activity are explored
8. Isolating your activity: Econometrics
- This learning path examines econometric approaches to isolating the effects of activity
9. Evaluating DM and CRM activity
- This learning path examines evaluation techniques across DM and CRM activity
10. Evaluating digital
- Focuses on evaluating the digital mix
11. Evaluating promotional activity
- This learning path looks at the key principles in evaluating promotional activity
12. Evaluating PR and sponsorship
- Here, we’ll look at the techniques used to evaluate PR and sponsorship activities including key metrics and tools
13. Evaluating public sector campaigns
- This learning path covers evaluation techniques and specific considerations when evaluating public sector campaigns.
Members only - $1,400 +GST
See IPA Eff Test Terms & Conditions here.
Exam dates for 2019
The 2 dates to choose from are:
2nd May 2019 (bookings close by 2nd March 2019)
3rd October 2019 (bookings close by 3rd August 2019)
Bookings for each place will close 2 months ahead of the exam date - allowing delegates enough time to complete the online learning before sitting the exam. Be sure to consider your timing and schedule when selecting an exam date.
On registration you will be required to choose an exam date from the dates provided by the IPA. Please choose this exam date very carefully – take into consideration the time you need to commit to the Eff Test Course – e.g. 2 hours per week for three months.
If you change your mind e.g. defer – say you can’t sit it – you will be charged £150 + VAT. This is paid directly to the IPA and is due to the arrangements they have to make in terms of staffing and monitoring the exam.
The Eff Test is an internationally recognised qualification and like university qualifications, follows strict regulations and controls. See IPA Eff Test Terms & Conditions here.
The Comms Council will send your registration details to the IPA.
The IPA will issue you a login and password within 5 working days. You can then commence the course.
Please note Candidates can only defer their place once. There will be a deferral fee of £150 + VAT per candidate if they cannot sit the exam (paid directly to the IPA)
Please note that the IPA won’t run an online exam for less than 8 candidates. The above dates have also been suggested to Australia candidates to maximise the number sitting at each date.
Comms Council Events Coordinator
P: 09 303 0435
Any further questions, contact Industry Development Manager Marlen Smith