PR, Experiential, and Social Media Committee
Posted 23 June 2021.
The PR, Experiential and Social Media Committee (PREScom) has been established to raise awareness of the value of PR, experiential, and social media marketing services for clients and other non-PR/experiential Comms Council members.
The decision to set up the Group reflects the growth in this area of marketing communications in recent years, with companies spending an increasing share of their marketing dollars on PR/experiential.
The Group members are Comms Council members who represent a cross section of marcomms companies and are typically heads of an agency or the marcomms department within a larger agency involved in marketing communications, ambient, experiential or events.
Comms Council marcomms members are united by their approach to PR, experiential and social media marketing from a creative, strategic and consumer insight perspective. These agencies typically use the tools and disciplines of the advertising agency model to develop PR, experiential and social media campaigns for organisations who want to communicate with consumers.
An important first step in raising awareness of marcomms PR/experiential was the establishment of an Effie category – Effective Use of PR/Experiential in a Marketing Campaign – reflecting that effectiveness is an important part of what the marcomms industry offers.
The Committee’s remit includes:
- Establishing relevant professional development courses for marcomms agency staff, clients and other Comms Council members
- Developing a library of marcomms PR/Experiential/Social media case studies from New Zealand and around the world showcasing best practice and effectiveness
- Identifying inspirational speakers for events
- Working with the Comms Council graduate internships programme and AUT Communications School to increase knowledge and skills of these areas of marketing communication
- Undertaking research and debate on areas that will help further the understanding and use of PR, Experiential and Social eg measurement
|Katherine Broughton - Katherine Broughton Consulting|
|Gina McKinnon - Fuse|
|Katie Walton - DRUM|
|Sean Brown - Mango Communications|
|Angelina Farry - Eleven PR|
|Tasha McDonald - Copper Brand Experiences|
|Kimberly Kastelan - MKTG|
|Sarah Munnik - PEAD PR|
|Adelle Keely - Acumen Republic|