Member’s Code of Ethics, Practices and Obligations
Posted 23 February 2021.
The Code has been developed as part of the Comms Council Executive Board’s long-term programme to more clearly demonstrate the value member agencies make to New Zealand business and society.
Our objective in creating the code is to provide an overt and publicly stated set of guidelines for members to operate within as part of a broader process of repositioning perceptions of the industry.
The code outlines a set of broad principles that our members support and covers a range of areas including;
- Support of society, consumers, self-regulation and employees
- Support of the Comms Council’s work
- Public criticism of the industry
- Relations with clients
- Relations with the media, and suppliers
- Relations between member agencies
For more information, please contact Paul Head, Comms Council CEO